Delaware Wolf Trap offers in-the-classroom professional development for educators of babies and toddlers ages 3 months to 3 years.
Baby ArtsPlay!TM 17-Session Residency includes:
- One pre-residency planning meeting: TA and classroom teacher to discuss the residency, the classroom teacher’s background, the students, and the curriculum.
- Two observation sessions: Before beginning the classroom sessions, the TA visits to observe the class.
- Twelve classroom sessions: Each session is 30 minutes, followed by a 15-minute debrief discussion between the classroom teacher and the TA.
- Two additional planning meetings: The TA trains the classroom teacher in achieving her art professional development goals.
- Resource materials: Access to additional resources on Wolf Trap Institute for Early Learning through the Arts website.
How Baby ArtsPlay™ is funded
The Baby ArtsPlay!TM program is supported in part by the State of Delaware, and the Delaware Division of the Arts in partnership with the National Endowment of the Arts. Additionally, thanks to public and private foundations, DiAE can offer these residencies at a subsidized cost to Head Start and early learning centers.